Salvation is the deliverance, by the grace of God, from eternal punishment for sin. It is granted to those who accept, by faith, God's requirements of repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus. That decision guarantees eternal life verses eternal damnation. This decision will have the greatest impact in your present life and where you’ll spend eternity. Steps to guaranteeing your salvation:
• CONFESS THAT I AM A SINNER ◦ And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins. - Mark 3:6 ◦ For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;- Romans 3:23 ◦ If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.- 1 John 1:9
• RECEIVE JESUS AS SAVIOR AND LORD ◦ For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- John 3:16 ◦ Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6 ◦ And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom. And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God. - Mark 15:37-39 ◦ And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. - Mark 16:6
• WATER BAPTISM ◦ Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. - Matthew 3:13 ◦ He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. - Mark 16:16 ◦ Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. - Acts 2:38 ◦ Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. - John 3:5 ◦ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: - Matthew 28:19
• REPENT FROM YOUR SINS ◦ Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. - Acts 2:38 ◦ And they went out, and preached that men should repent. - Mark 6:12 ◦ I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. - Luke 13:5 ◦ Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. - Acts 3:19
• OBEY GOD’S WORD ◦ If ye love me, keep my commandments. - John 14:15
• LOVE JESUS & YOUR NEIGHBOR ◦ And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. - Mark 12:30-31
PRAYER TO BE SAVED If you are not saved, meaning that you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, please make the decision right now to follow Him. I do not believe that it was an accident that you found this article. Do not worry about how bad your life has been or how much you have sinned. No matter what you have done, Jesus will wash it all away and make you a born again Christian. That means you get a completely fresh start. He already made the sacrifice for your sins when He died on the cross. You only have to accept the opportunity that He has given to us all.
Do not listen to the lies of Satan as he tries to convince you that you are not good enough to be a Christian. Satan just wants you to suffer but you are a child of God and the Lord loves you. You can change everything for the good right now.
Please pray this prayer with me. Jesus, I confess that I am a sinner and need you to save me. I don’t want to go to hell and be separated from You forever. I accept you (Jesus) as my Lord and Savior. I believe that you died on the cross and paid the price for my sins. I repent from my sins and ask that You wash them away in your name. Come into my heart and anoint me with Your love and fill me with the gift of the Holy Ghost so that I will have power over sin. Thank you Jesus for Your grace and mercy and thank You for sacrificing your life so that I may have eternal peace and joy before you. I thank You Lord and I love You. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!
The next step is to find a Bible believing Church and receive the water baptism in Jesus name. And remember to continue following the steps noted above. The heavens are rejoicing over your decision to become part of the body of Christ. Live for Christ and allow him to use you to your maximum potential!